Visit Lumbini...to ease your restless soul

So I have completely missed the purpose of having created this blog and its turning out to be more impersonal re-runs of my travels..more like a travel log..but what the...as long as I'm writing and actually publishing something.

Feels like I am suffering from a writer's block...if i intentionally sit down to write something original...I just sit and do nothing. So recalling my travels are a lot easier. Just writing down where I went and how.


Although, I'm not a writer. And if its a block, I have had it for eternity now. There's no piece that I've produced without having gone through at least a hundred different ways to evoke my deeply hidden true writer self. Arranging and re-arranging my table, buying an entirely new set of stationary, starting to write on computer then again on blank paper then again on lined ones and then going back to computer once again, waiting for the morning to write and deciding on the morning that night would get me more inspired, then again letting the night pass in anticipation of a fresh start in a fresh morning. Phew...so back to business of retelling travels. 

 Lumbini, specially the Mayadevi Temple premises, is one of the most calming place I've ever been to. Not beautiful, but calming. 

It has within it a sense of peace. Would I have felt the same had I not known it was the birthplace of Buddha? I'm not sure. I would'nt have felt calm and reverent to that extent, that I know. 

So here are a few shots that I took during my two hours trip to Lumbini last time I was in the vicinity.

And I was also much troubled my some internal turmoil going within me. 

and so I say, if its peace, calm you are seeking. Go to Lumbini...to ease your restless soul. 

Walk bare footed...
sit down under a tree...
breathe...
feel the wind rustling the leaves...
feel the cool air blowing your hair...
sit down cross legged in the cool ground and let the prayer chants fill up your entire being...
look at the ruins of a place that stood erect some two thousand years ago and envision yourself in that very place when the man who sought and found Nirvana was born...

feel yourself, loose yourself, discover yourself.

Go discover Lumbini in an evening or a morning...go discover yourself once.


Take a walk around the lakes...the evenings are so soothing
As if the two willow-lined lakes were not enough to woo me...a cottage worth every fairytale had to be there, hadn't it?

Breathe easy...sit in a corner and watch the daily life roll around you




 Loose yourself among the mass of swirling penta colors that depict the essence of life




Be one among the devotees..sit down cross legged, meditate or just contemplate the scenery


Or be the typical tourist and pose in front of Mayadevi Temple for your facebook profile photo



Buddhist Souvenir...Made in China...Hip Vendor...A Monk Buyer..contradictions in themselves
The evening is a little melancholy...but the flowers n the distant rumbling jeep are a reminder of beauty and reality
Loose yourself...discover yourself

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Sandakpur Trek: Getting to know the Snow White of Ilam

Kabaddi: a Movie Review

Vintage Effect in Movie Maker