Sudden Revelation

I like to think I fight for equal space.

I often loathe this society because of the bias that prevails in it between the male and the female.

I try in every way not to fall into dominance of any sort, and not to accept any prevalent gender notions that I find are demeaning to female.



I try to ditch the conventional. Even during my exams and papers, I prefer to write "her" instead of "him" while referring to humanity n people in general.

Overall, I try not to fall into stereotypical gender traps.

I'm sort of a confused soul when it comes to believing in God. While talking about natural beauty and the forces of nature, I tend to use the term "Mother Nature" instead of God. But deep down, when I'm in trouble or need some favor from the divine, I do call upon God and not "mother nature".

And so here, I have the revelation. I have been calling that God "Him" for my entire life now. Why did I never bother to think of God as a "Her"? Why did I always took "Him" for "Him"?

And how do I explain the mindset that existed within me? I have never given gender to my God. I haven't bothered to think what my personal God looks like. Its always some shimmering glowing galaxy sort of cosmic thing far far far away from this Earth yet lying deep within me. But hey, me with all my gender hypersensitivity and big talk, I still had it in my system to address that God as a Him by default. Now how am I ever going to converse with God again? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Sandakpur Trek: Getting to know the Snow White of Ilam

Kabaddi: a Movie Review

Vintage Effect in Movie Maker