In the land where Rosemary blooms

I see a vine; tiny white flowers laden in it, that twists around an old arch. This is the entrance to a beautiful house, a house where I do not live. A house which I pass across sometimes in my random jaywalk when I do not know where I want to go or what I am doing here.





I pass many beautiful houses. In front of these beautiful houses, rosemary blooms. The lavender of them. I had never seen rosemaries bloom before and here they bloom. Even in a small pot, even when they are dying of thirst they bloom.I make my way in a street lined up with beautiful trees and neat pretty houses. Some of them aren't that neat, yet in a row, they look neat. The porches are decked with halloween things, some have lots of them some only a few. But you can tell, halloween is coming in every one of them.

Cold wind that chills the very bones hits me as I walk. A tune, a warm upbeat tune floats through one of the windows of a house or a car, and lightens me up quickly. I find myself hanging my jaws and gaping at the doors and windows of these houses where strangers live. And the next moment, I find my lips parting into a big grin, my feat leaping up and my heart soaring like I'm about to witness a grand celebration. 


I do not know if I am feeling sad or happy, if I am missing my old place or loving the new one. I do not know what I want to do. Whether I want to make friends, or I want to be happy with myself.


I find a tear trickling down my cheek. And the next moment, I am singing in a bright voice. I do not want to put a name on what I am feeling. All I know is life is just the same wherever I go. Only in this side, the rosemaries bloom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Sandakpur Trek: Getting to know the Snow White of Ilam

Kabaddi: a Movie Review

Vintage Effect in Movie Maker