i know they are dreams, but i still wanna make a list

because sometimes or many times depending upon how hard you work on it, your dreams do come true.

So here I am listing the places, that  I dream of going, and that I have to absolutely go before I leave Earth and enter HEAVEN.

i. Makalu Barun Valley:

This photographer's photos of this valley made me loose my head, the first time I came across them. Now the more I know about this place, the more I wanna go. The story in Steve Razetti's website goes like this :

MAKALU BARUN
"I felt it was the most beautiful valley I had ever seen...As we sheltered under an overhanging rock one of our senior and highly respected Sherpas told us a story. Dawa Tenzing had never been in the Barun valley before, but Sherpa mythology told of its existence. The valley contained an invisible village - a Shangri-La - where the gods lived and holy men came to die. It was a place of great beauty, as we had seen, and people lived there forever. I asked Dawa Tenzing if he hoped some day to end up in the invisible village, but he said he had been too great a sinner."

Ed Hillary, on walking out from Makalu after the 1952 Cho Oyu Expedition with Eric Shipton


Nepal - Barun Valley by Dhilung Kirat (dhilung) on 500px.com



ii. Machu Pichu

the more I read about this one too, the more it fascinates me. For a place to truly fascinate and captivate you, it need not only be beautiful, but have some power, some history and a story so compelling that the more you know it the more powerful its grasp over you becomes. Just like with the tales of Barun Valley adding to my longing of it more, Machu Pichu seems to have endless stories and secrets that gets revealed one tale at a time. I wonder how the first outside discoverer must have felt to step into this giant, daunting, sprawling phenomenon that makes us awed and scared. This story in National Geographic is among the latest to add to my fixation of this place. Will I ever be there, to stare at the destroyed glory of the Incans? To watch with my jaws open the magnificence, and the impermanence of human grandeur and combination of human hands with one of the most daunting nature's enclave?

Machu Pichu by Kobby Dagan (kobbydagan) on 500px.com
Machu Pichu by Kobby Dagan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Sandakpur Trek: Getting to know the Snow White of Ilam

Kabaddi: a Movie Review

Vintage Effect in Movie Maker