Why blog (or not)?

"Or not" means that it is my choice whether I blog meaning write/publish a post or not. If I did not have a blog (or at least the assurance in my head that I have a blog which I can peruse anytime a brilliant world-changing idea occurs to me), I would not really be writing or even storing up ideas. Another scenario, if I was writing for magazines/papers, I would have to be accountable to so many things. Mainstream or even alternative media mostly want nicely packaged stuff. You cannot go on an emotional monologue, or ignore every rule of grammar. When you say certain things, if the only conviction of that thing that you are saying is your heart, it is simply not acceptable.


Even a blog is for public consumption, each post that I "publish" is accessible to the whole world, under scrutiny and each idea/line can be contested/rejected/ridiculed. But here's the catch, in an ever growing cloud of already over a million blogs, who has the time/energy to go through what a minuscule blog publishes. Specially in this day and age, when more and more, each people are growing Gurus on everything.

Blog gives me a certain flexibility, a certain risk yet a certain security. I can hide from the scrutiny, yet remain under it.

This relaxes the inner cautionary in me. This makes my fingers fly a little freely in the keyboard, makes my brain be just that bit more "creative" .Because like I said already, I do not have to think a 100 times before I write a certain sentence. Unless it is a libel against somebody with name mentioned I do not have to do "rational" thinking. I can write "The Earth is the center of Universe, because this is where I am" and stuffs like that and get away with it perfectly fine. No editor will ask me to rewrite it, or elaborate it. My pieces can be lop-sided, not perfectly composed, or not even complete. But that's fine.

So many of my writings under "musings" are just like that. They have no logical end or conclusion, sentences just fly-sometimes I state a grand theory without giving it any justification.Sometimes there are metaphors, and I myself dont know what they mean, or if they have root in my "deeply disturbed psyche" as some Freudian would may have found out if I were full scale popular and public. I dont know. But then, I do not want to know. Writing is a release, writing is a meditation, writing is relaxation, writing is enjoyment, writing is fun.

I cannot/dare not associate this with the anxiety that comes with writing in public media. People who know me personally know that I have strong convictions. I make myself heard plenty, and I generally have stand on most things. I have my biases, and my pet issues.

But what most of them would not know is that I have a blog that is continuously updated and populated. Which fear hinders me from sharing my blog with my immense "friends" and "contacts" list of social media? The same fear that paralyzes me every time I think of writing for some mainstream media. Not that the mainstream media deserves that much respect, or even contemplation, but may be it is my own inherent lack of confidence. Or it might be that I dont like to write much quoting facts and statistics, which is generally the norm. Or it might simply be that, I am too lazy to produce a well argued, comprehensive piece.

Whatever may be, for now I will hold onto this feeble "cloud" security that I have created. To that person who insists I write for a newspaper, go through my writings, and tell me if you find any semblance in what I write. Or do you too, like hundred others, just skip through this minuscule blog to move onto something more interesting, more savory - like buzzfeed quiz, Huff Post celebrity feed, or may be some life changing TEDx moments in youtube? In which case you haven't read my blog to know anything about semblance or balance.

Thank you for inspiring me to write another blog post though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Sandakpur Trek: Getting to know the Snow White of Ilam

Kabaddi: a Movie Review

Vintage Effect in Movie Maker