#Nepal in Instagram: Sneak peek into a Week!

I have to say that #Nepal is a hit among the Instagram crowd too. OMG so so so many photos with the hashtag Nepal, I'm bowled over! I honestly didn't think Nepal would be attracting so many instagram posts, but it does.

Initially I wanted to do a year 2014 sneak peek of the best insta shots with #Nepal, but I couldn't. When you have 20 or so photos added every second, that simply becomes a humongous task-something akin to poring over WikiLeaks document I guess. So I tried to zero on in December but even that proved to be too much. I have zero patience to sit through such stuff! If only I had a few cells called "patience" in me I would be doing a PhD seriously! So I went with a week. A day would be too lazy, even for me.

Anyway, I persevered for at least a week to come up with this selection of photos with hashtag Nepal. From what I can see, with #Nepal the hits are prayer flags, monks or lots of maroon swish and swash, monkeys, Kathmandu streets, sunlights filtering in, mountains (of course!!!) & momos as well. Hmm, so if we could make a stereotype of Nepal from what we see in instagram it would be monk (or a monkey honestly) with mountains and prayer flags. Perfecto-no wonder people keep asking me about Tibet whenever I mention the N word. Gimme a break prayer flags.


There is also a lot of other things going on, as we can see in the photos. Apart from the "stereotypes", there are many other beautiful shots. I had great difficulty choosing the ones I liked the most to display here but at the same time I am so happy that such quality photography is being promoted via instagram too. Instagram is no longer just for food and ducky selfies-yesss!!

But food instagram is here to stay!!

So here are my choices: I loved looking at them again and again. Following all or most of these instagrammers is also recommended, as their posts are generally worth having a 10 seconds glance-which is what instagram is for right? Or am I doing it wrong?

A photo posted by hilton jones (@drhiltz) on


A photo posted by alvin (@alvhan) on




A photo posted by LC. (@feisbian) on


A photo posted by Sunil Bikram Shah (@sunilbikramshah) on



A photo posted by 🌸KWPisME (@kwpisme72) on
















Although I would have liked to see photos of my mom n her friends, this will have to do for now :)


Although @namastheteaco is basically a business promotion instagram account, there photos are oh so good. Not sure if all of them are taken in Nepal, but their posts say so. Their shallow DoF photos are a visual feast. Also makes me wanna have a cup of green tea pronto.
GOLDEN AURA - High in the Himalayan Mountains of Hile in Dhankuta District, Nepal at 1600m to 2000m altitude is a beautiful Tea Garden established in 2001 by brothers Gyawali who grew up on a Tea Garden in Darjeeling. They gathered new, wild, heirloom varietals of Camellia sinensis from famed regions of Darjeeling, Taiwan, Japan together with Heirloom Nepalese Tea dating the Qing Dynasty. The earth, mountain weather, varietals and Tea Master come together each season with special Tea crafstmanship of farmers, hand rollers to evoke their unique Thérroir. Blissful pit fruit notes, honey blossoms, sweet lingering finish with beautiful aroma, color and leaf visuals is feast for the senses. Savour the wild Himalayas in your cup. #Nepal #HighMountain #JunChiyabari #GoldenAura #Tea #Thé available online www.namasthe.ca
A photo posted by Namasthé Tea Co. (@namastheteaco) on



A photo posted by @freialily on


So what do you think?

Will you be showing us your sneak peeks ?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Sandakpur Trek: Getting to know the Snow White of Ilam

Kabaddi: a Movie Review

Vintage Effect in Movie Maker