Different in our similarity

"I wanted nothing more than to be a Nepali."

"I wanted nothing more than to serve my country."

"I wanted nothing more but to get some rights and dignity in this country."

"I wanted nothing more but to gain some recognition through my work."

"I wanted nothing more but my children to have at least a better future than me."

"I wanted nothing more but to provide for my family."

"I wanted to feel like this land belonged to me too."

"I wanted to feel like I did some good for this country too."

"I had a long plan for my life."

"I had a long plan for my life."

"I had never thought that one day I would pelt someone to death with stones."

"I had never thought I would be a cold blooded murderer."

"I had never thought that I would stop seeing another person as a person but as an obstacle to be removed."

"I had never thought I would stop seeing another person as a person but as a threat to be put out and controlled for good."

"After this andolan was over, I would start building what I had planned since a long time ago."

"After this andolan was over, I would take a break and go home to my family for a few days."

"After this andolan was over, I would start working on my other dreams of having a decent life."

"After this andolan was over, I would start working on my other dreams of having a decent life."

And maybe so on went the conversations between those who lost their lives either as an andolankari and a prahari as they made their way together into the other world.

Nobody thinks that they will die useless. Nobody thinks that they will die a murderer. Despite our outwardly differences, we are all similar in wanting the basic things in life- of a pursuit of happiness.

But there is a division within us which is larger than the infinite distance that universe creates within itself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Sandakpur Trek: Getting to know the Snow White of Ilam

Kabaddi: a Movie Review

Vintage Effect in Movie Maker